GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR REMOVAL BY MUUTTOPALVELU KULJETUS FRISK
Moving Boxes and Other Rentable Products
1. Rental period is calculated from the day when moving boxes or other rentable products are dispatched or picked up from the Kuljetus Frisk warehouse to the day when they are returned there (days in between included).
2. Delivery or collection fee is charged for every trip.
3. Rental and transportation fees will be settled against an invoice, unless otherwise agreed.
4. If the Customer is not satisfied with the provided moving boxes or other rental products in terms of quantity or quality or their rental terms, it is the responsibility of the Customer to notify Kuljetus Frisk. In any case, notification must be made before using the products. When returning moving boxes, etc. it is the Customer’s responsibility to notify Kuljetus Frisk within 24 hours if there are any complaints regarding the quantity, etc.
5. Moving boxes shall not be used to transfer or store any goods or substances that might damage them such as plaster, paint, fuel or other similar substances.
6. The Customer is responsible for moving boxes and other rentable products. The Customer will be charged for missing, damaged or broken products according to the Kuljetus Frisk price list.
7. In case of fire or other damage to the moving boxes or other rental products, the Customer must notify Kuljetus Frisk immediately.
8. Rent is invoiced monthly. Net payment is due within 14 days. The rate of interest on overdue payments is bound to a reference rate yearly fixed by the Bank of Finland. Kuljetus Frisk reserves the right to change unit prices according to variations in market and expenditure situation.
9. Only Kuljetus Frisk may repair rentable products.
10. Kuljetus Frisk must be immediately notified of any address change.
11. If the Customer breaks the terms of this contract, Kuljetus Frisk reserves the right to terminate the contract immediately and take possession of the rentable products.
All incidents where Kuljetus Frisk has received goods of which a storage contract has been signed are deemed to be storage. Any other incidents (such as keeping the Customer's goods in the moving van overnight) are not deemed to be storage and consequently are not the responsibility of Kuljetus Frisk.
1. Rent is charged for every storage day including en try and exit days.
2. A handling fee is charged for every delivery, pick up or other visit to the storage. If the delivery / pick up is done using Kuljetus Frisk’s vehicles, the handling fee will not be charged.
3. Kuljetus Frisk has a burglary, fire and water damage insurance with coverage up to 15,000 EUR. The insurance does not cover cash, stocks or precious metals.
4. Rent is invoiced monthly. Net payment is due within 7 days. The rate of interest on overdue payments is bound to a reference rate yearly fixed by the Bank of Finland. Kuljetus Frisk reserves the right to change unit prices according to variations in market and expenditure situation.
5. If the rent, or a part thereof, has been overdue f or over a month, Kuljetus Frisk reserves the right to terminate the contract immediately, taking effect on the date the Customer has been sent a letter of notice. The Customer is deemed to have been notified when Kuljetus Frisk has sent notices, bills and other correspondence to the address last provided by the Customer.
6. Kuljetus Frisk has no obligation to hand over stored goods, or a part thereof, to the Customer if the storage charges with overdue interest are even partly unpaid. The law on entrepreneurs' right to sell uncollected goods (15.7.1988/688) is applied to the storage contract.
Moving and Other Services
Moving and other services are deemed to be all the occasions where Kuljetus Frisk, or a subcontractor of Kuljetus Frisk, has delivered staff or equipment to the Customer.
1. Invoicing is based on the prices given to the Cust omer separately.
2. If the invoicing is based on unit prices, all work is charged on per-half-an-hour basis. Minimum charge is 30 minutes. The time starts when the crew leaves the warehouse and ends when they return to the warehouse.
3. During a normal working day, the employees of Kuljetus Frisk have a statutory right for two coffee breaks (15 min. each) and a lunch break (30 min.). Time spent for statutory lunch and coffee breaks will be charged according to the regular pricelist.
4. Following factors, not caused by the actions of Kuljetus Frisk, can affect the given quote:
4.1 Force majeure
If delays that are not caused by Kuljetus Frisk , such as breakage of elevators, war, sabotage, strikes, or actions by the authorities, occur during the moving.
4.2 Work not included in the quote
If the Customer asks Kuljetus Frisk’s staff to do work not included in the contract, Customer or his / her staff has not packed all their movables, the quantity of movables is considerably larger than informed, or any other factor that has been agreed on in writing or verbally when the quote was given. All work not included in the quote is charged separately.
5. Moving services are invoiced after the move. Net payment is due within 14 days. The rate of interest on overdue payments is bound to a reference rate yearly fixed by the Bank of Finland. Kuljetus Frisk reserves the right to change unit prices according to variations in market and expenditure situation.
6. Breakage and other damages
6.1 If any movables or other property of the Customer is broken during the move or other work, according to the Road Haulage and Transportation Law the Customer must file a written claim to Kuljetus Frisk within 7(seven) days. If this has not been done, Kuljetus Frisk is not liable for damages.
6.2 If the movables have not been packed appropriately, the damages will not be compensated by Kuljetus Frisk. Appropriate packing means packing according to the moving instructions given by Kuljetus Frisk. Appropriate packing is always the responsibility of the Customer unless otherwise agreed to in advance.
6.3 Covering floors and similar surfaces during the move is always the responsibility of the Customer unless otherwise agreed to in advance.
6.4 The employees of Kuljetus Frisk and the Customer must be able to clearly identify the incident (accident / gross negligence) that has lead to the damage of the goods or premises. If a mutual identification cannot be made, the damages will not be compensated.
7 Terms of the Insurance
7.1 Employees of Kuljetus Frisk are covered by a statutory accident insurance.
7.2 In a possible liability situation or if an additional moving insurance is taken, the value of the goods will be calculated using current market value (i.e. how much the goods are worth on moving day).
7.3 If the movable goods include single items that are valued over 2,000 EUR they must be insured separately. In addition, authenticity certificate, certificate of purchase or evaluator’s statement and a photograph must be provided. A separate quote will be given for additional moving insurance.
7.4 The compensation liability of damage to movables is based on the statutory Road Haulage and Transportation Law (20 EUR/kg)
7.5 Liability insurance covers damages to the Customer’s immovable property (buildings, structures, etc.) up to 500,000 EUR.
7.6 Kuljetus Frisk’s compensation liability or insurance does not cover lost goods.
7.7 Kuljetus Frisk’s compensation liability and insurance cover only damages caused by the Frisk staff.
8. Kuljetus Frisk’s liability insurance covers externally detectable damages to technical equipment and appliances. Electronic and IT related damages such as backups, destruction of software and files, damage caused by removing / connecting electric cords, etc. into the wrong place or other comparable damages are outside the compensation liability.
9. Work safety
If work assigned to Kuljetus Frisk includes any considerable work safety issues relating either to the movable goods or Customer’s premises, the Customer must notify the Kuljetus Frisk work safety officer before the start of the work.
Disputes caused by these terms and conditions should in the first place be resolved by negotiation. If the negotiations do not result in mutual agreement, the dispute will be resolved in the Helsinki Court of Justice.